Monday, January 04, 2010

Psalm 23, the Quango Remix

The Lord and I are in a shepherd/sheep situation
and I am in a position of negative need.
He prostrates me in a greenbelt grazing area:
he conducts me directionally parallel to non-torrential aqueous liquid.
He switches me onto a positive behavioural format
for the maximum prestige of his identity.

It should be said that notwithstanding the fact that I make ambulatory progress
through the inter-hill mortality slot,
terror sensations will not be substantiated in me due to paranormal phenomena.
Your pastoral walking aid and quadruped pick-up unit
introduce me into a pleasurific mood-state.
You design and produce a nutrient bearing furniture-type structure
in the context of non-co-operatvie elements.
You act out a head related folk ritual involving vegetable extract.
My beverage utensil experienced a volume crisis.

It is an on-going fact that your inter-relational, empathetical and non-vengeance capabilities
will remain with me as their target focus for the duration of my non-death period;
and I will possess tenant rights in the housing association of the Lord
on a permanently open-ended time basis..
(Author unknown)

Hope you feel inspired by that word of scripture. Devotees of the Book of Common Prayer take note, Common Worship could have been so much worse*.

Ht Seeker.

*Sorry, Anglican in-joke. New years resolution, must be more ecumenical and inclusive, facilitating social cohesion and networking spiritual capital.

1 comment: