Sunday, January 11, 2009

Review Questions 2

a set of questions for the start of a New Year (thanks to James Lawrence for inspiration)

  • What am I grateful for from last year?
  • What are the 3 or 4 key things that I've learnt from the year that I don't want to forget?
  • What will help my love for Jesus grow stronger this year?
  • What am I fearful or anxious about How ill I face these things this year?
  • Which spiritual discipline am I gong to major on as a means of God's grace being more at work in my life?
  • Which fruit of the Spirit is God longing to produce in my life? What steps will I take to work with the Spirit?
  • Whaich leadership principle/aspect of leadership am I going to grow in?
  • Who do I long to see come to faith in Christ? What am I going to do to make that more likely?
  • What are the next steps in the growth of those I most care for (god-children, family members, friends) that I could facilitate/encourage?
  • When am I going to have my regular quiet/prayer days through thisyear? (put them in the diary!)
  • Where do I sense God's call on my life developing/changing, and how will this be reflected in my priorities for the year?
They're designed for folk in Christian leadership, but could apply to most disciples. I remembered last week that I'd not got round to arranging any quiet days for 2009, so first up I need to book a day in to tackle this stuf.......

follow the review questions bookmark for others in this series.

3 comments:

  1. Are those in Growing Leaders?

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're not in the Growing Leaders book, from a quick skim-read, not sure about the Growing Leaders lay training course, but that would take longer to skim through.

    I heard James mention them on the Arrow Leadership Programme and asked if I could have a copy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They're not in the Growing Leaders book, from a quick skim-read, not sure about the Growing Leaders lay training course, but that would take longer to skim through.

    I heard James mention them on the Arrow Leadership Programme and asked if I could have a copy.

    ReplyDelete