Monday, October 15, 2012

'Please God, don't let me down'



“When I was standing there on top of the world, you become so humble, you do not think about breaking records anymore, you do not think about gaining scientific data. The only thing you want is you want to come back alive.”

"I wish the world could see what I see. And sometimes you have to go really high to understand how small you are.”

'what went through your head today before you jumped?' "I thought 'please God, don't let me down', but if you're standing on His sons arm you know, there's nothing that can go wrong at that moment, that's what I was thinking." (the questioner had mentioned a picture of Baumgartner standing on the hand of the Christ statue in Brazil)

full press conference here. I wonder if there's anyone who wouldn't say a prayer jumping out of a balloon at 128,000 feet? 

No comments:

Post a Comment