Monday, April 10, 2023

Is China hacking Blogger?

 I've just had a post from 2007 (yes folks, I'm that old) for violating community guidelines. I can't see anything in the post that violates any guidelines at all, but it does contain this paragraph: 

Had a momentary panic over the weekend when I was told I couldn't sign in to my blog to update it. Blogger (the hosts) have been taken over by Google - you know, the people who won't allow folk in China to do a browser search for 'democracy' - and I mistyped my email address when signing up to continue my account. For a few weeks that seemed ok, and I woudn't be getting any unwanted emails from Google either. Trouble is they discovered the email didn't exist and wouldn't let me get at my posts. All is now resolved.

So either the grammar police are after me because I can't spell wouldn't, or it's another example of China reaching its tentacles into the West, alongside all the other stuff -beating up protesters, closing down university societies who speak up for Hong Kong, having software with a T&C signup to let it record all your keystrokes (I'm looking at you Tiktok), and so on. 

Read this post whilst you can folks, by next week it might be taken down too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment