- developing 25,000 men and women to become more effective in leadership
- equipping churches to train a generation of children and young people for leadership
- helping 600 18-25 year olds aspire to and prepare for leadership
- inspiring 150 leaders under the age of 30 to offer themselves for ordination, including pioneer ministry
- equipping 8,500 leaders to be effective in reaching and discipling children and young people through Ventures and Falcon Camps
- working with our 500 patronage churches to develop effective leadership
- promoting research and sharing expertise on issues of church leadership.
If you are looking to develop as a leader, or to find a good training package for full-time leaders in your church, I would thoroughly recommend Arrow. There is a lay training equivalent, 'Growing Leaders', which can be run in a local setting over a year or so. The training pack costs quite a bit, but the good news is that if you're anywhere near Yeovil you're welcome to borrow mine. I can also recommend the book of the same name, by James Lawrence, which distils much of the wisdom of Growing Leaders/Arrow into 1 volume. Alongside Hybels 'Courageous Leadership' it's one of the best single volumes on Christian leadership on the market....
(...though I picked up a copy of 'Leading out of Who You Are' by Simon Walker on our clergy conference, which looks very good and is getting a lot of good reviews)