Saturday, December 01, 2007

Guest Blogging

For December I've been asked to do some guest blogging on The Wardman Wire, a politics and current affairs blog which posts regularly on faith and religious issues. Even more gratifyingly, the first post on there made a 'Best of the Web' list at the Guardian. The piece in question was shamelessly recycled from my post on Rowan Williams a few days ago.

Not sure at the moment whether to just link to these pieces, or publish them in full in both places. I'm more bothered about whether I'll be able to think of enough things to muse on that people will want to read and engage with. Today it's chocolate advent calendars, and the environmental crisis.

Interestingly, I was asked if I wanted to blog under a pseudonym. In some ways that would be easier, but the discipline of being accountable for what you say to people who know you face to face is actually quite a good one for me. Also, so much of what makes me think is just day to day stuff, that to sever the link between 'real life' and online reflection wouldn't work.

1 comment:

  1. I have some thoughts on the "whether to post in both places" - will email you.

    The Thunderdragon has a good system.

    See http://tinyurl.com/2nd9nf

    ReplyDelete