Sunday, December 23, 2007

Signing off for 2007

A few days off beckon, so it's bye-bye blog until the new year. However, just to keep you going, a few items for the festive season:

December 24th The Christmas Linebacker





Christmas Day: He Is Here

Have a look at this very edifying slideshow of classic art around the Nativity.



Courtesy of Ship of Fools

December 27th Peace on Earth/Walk On (u2)


December 28th: Ed Byrne has some tips for next Christmas


December 29th: oh, just go and play with one of your presents.

December 30th: the 12 Days of Christmas (revised)

New Years Eve: The Choir 'Fine Fun Time' (link takes you to The Choir Myspace page, it should be the first song that plays. Best track I've heard in 2007)

New Years Day: log off and pray. Why would you want to be online?

O God of new beginnings and wonderful surprises, thank you for the gift of a new year. May it be a time of grace for me, a time to grow in faith and love, a time to renew my commitment to following Your Son, Jesus. May it be a year of blessing for me, a time to cherish my family and friends, a time to renew my efforts at work, a time to embrace my faith more fully. Walk with me, please, in every day and every hour of this new year, that the light of Christ might shine through me, in spite of my weaknesses and failings. Above all, may I remember this year that I am a pilgrim on the sacred path to You.

1 comment:

  1. Hi! I love your site, and I am wondering: what is the painting of the Annunciation on this post? And who is it by? It's such a lovely painting, I'd love to know! : )!

    ReplyDelete