Sunday, October 06, 2013

"At the very least, read it" Lee Mack on the Bible

Lee Mack, on Desert Island Discs, musing on having the Bible to read on his Desert Island: 

"I'm glad you get the Bible, because I would read the Bible. I think it's quite odd that people like myself, in their forties, quite happy to dismiss the Bible, but I've never read it. I always think that if an alien came down and you were the only person they met, and they said, 'What's life about? What's earth about? Tell us everything,' and you said, 'Well, there's a book here that purports to tell you everything. Some people believe it to be true; some people [do] not believe it [to be] true.' 'Wow, what's it like?' and you go, 'I don't know, I've never read it.' It would be an odd thing wouldn't it? So, at the very least, read it."


Ht The Blue Fish Project

The prospect of alien encounter as an incentive to read the Bible? It's a new one, but it might be worth a try...

3 comments:

  1. Great blog, David. Glad I finally found you! Simon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Simon, glad you like it! Here be the gateway to many lost hours on the interweb....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi David,
    Thanks for posting this. I heard this episode of Desert Island Discs and thought it would be an excellent quote to use when I do street witnessing. I have printed it out to memorise.

    ReplyDelete