Saturday, January 03, 2015

A prayer

Prayer of Bishop Thomas Ken,
Bishop of Bath & Wells 1685-1691

Thou, O heavenly Guide of our devotion and our love
by teaching us to pray hast showed us
that Prayer is our Treasury where all blessings are kept,
our Armoury where all our strength and weapons are stored,
the only great preservative
and the very vital heat of divine love.

Give me grace to call on thee at all times by diligent prayer.

Lord, I know my devotion has daily many
unavoidable and necessary interruptions,
and I cannot always be actually praying.
All I can do is to beg of thy love to keep my heart always
in an habitual disposition to devotion,
and in mindfulness of thy divine presence.

As thy infinite love is ever-streaming in blessings on me

O let my soul be ever breathing love to Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment