Monday, April 16, 2012

How to train a flea/Anglican/insert as applicable



Saw this on a recent training day on the excellent Mentoring Matters, run by CPAS's James Lawrence. It made me wonder what my jar looks like, or whether there are several:
 - male
 - middle class
 - Christian
 - vicar
 - middle aged
plus the jar of my head (what I expect of myself) my body (what I'm actually capable of) my community (what others expect of me/will let me do/not get too upset about), my denomination, my habits, etc.

All of which puts me in mind of one of my favourite quotes:
“The reasonable man adapts himself to the world: the unreasonable one persists to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man.”
― George Bernard Shaw, Man and Superman

No comments:

Post a Comment