Saturday, December 17, 2011

Taking my temperature

"Lukewarm people do not live by faith; their lives are structured so they never have to.

They don't have to trust in God if the unexpected happens-they have their savings account.
They don't need God to help them-they have their retirement plan in place.
They don't genuinely seek out what life God would have them live-they have life figured and mapped out.
They don't depend on God on a daily basis-their refrigerators are full and, for the most part, they are in good health.

The truth is their lives wouldn't look much different if they suddenly stopped believing in God"

ht David Cooke

I hate the internet, life would be much more comfortable if I didn't keep coming across stuff like this.

1 comment:

  1. I once lived the life you describe here. All mapped out, secure and invulnerable to any belief or faith. I had the dual crutch of self-belief, secure job and secure pension. What could change it?

    Unfortunately, God had other ideas. He appeared in my life in a moment of vulnerability, and got his hooks into me.

    It transformed everything in my life, my relationships and how I planned my retirement. Now, insecure, waiting for God's will to become clear - I've never been happier.

    God be praised.

    ReplyDelete