Thursday, August 23, 2007

denominational weather

Someone emailed and asked me if all the rain made me feel like a baptist, to which I responded 'no, more like an Anglican, slightly wet and hard to ignite'. Not sure how fair that is to my fellow anglicans, I guess it depends what day of the week you catch us.

I know there are various forms of the Light Bulb Joke attributed to different denominations (e.g. 'how many (insert your own church) does it take to change a light bulb - what do you mean, change?/11 - 1 to change a light bulb and 10 to form the subcommittee/3 - one to change the bulb and 2 to cast out the spirit of darkness in the old one/I told you we should have stuck with candles/1 - just stand him on a chair underneath the bulb, start playing Kendrick songs and rotate the chair etc.). Wondered if there were meteorological equivalents, what kind of weather patterns do we associate with being Pentecostal, Methodist, Catholic, charismatic, liberal etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment