Monday, July 09, 2007

Christian Blog Awards

Dave Walker notes that there is a Christian Blog Awards being organised by Premier. I've linked to his site rather than the awards site itself because Dave's is much easier to understand, and the relevant Premier website looks like an illustrated block graph of the quarterly trade deficit.

The whole thing is a bit evolutionary, so they are adding new categories as people come up with them. Trouble is that so many blogs are a bit of a hotch-potch, like this one, that they could end up with something hopelessly complex. The other drawback is that you have to nominate your own site, rather than let other people decide it's worth nominating. Even if I did think my site was worth nominating, hopefully I'd still have the humility not to nominate it. Does that make sense?

The only thing that can be nominated without blowing your own cyber-trumpet is the best church website. I've tried to find a list of the nominees so far but can't, which is a shame as it would be good to see what they look like. It's all being judged in-house, rather than voted for by the blogging community. Not sure what I think about that either!

3 comments:

  1. David - I'm wondering whether calling it 'nominating oneself for an award' is the problem. If we thought of it as 'entering a competition', which is what it is really, would it not sound a bit more acceptable?

    I could be wrong - perhaps it is a bit arrogant to nominate oneself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe the trouble is in the name. If it was a 'Christian Blog Competition', then entering yourself is fine, but calling it an award suggests its something to be nominated for. At least, that's what I understand by 'award', though I could be wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a competition to win an award.

    ReplyDelete