Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Rowans Rottweiler

Watch out folks, Rowan Williams has a new fan:

"The Anglican church has at least a few shreds of decency, traces of kindness and humanity with which Jesus himself might have connected.... Archbishop Rowan Williams is too nice for his own good."

Yes, Richard Dawkins has entered the Benedicts Boomerang debate. The Voice of Reason! Well, sort of - the article looks like it was ghostwritten by Dave Allen (literally, I suppose). Very readable, and typically direct. Ht Steve Borthwick

In further developments, the Pope appears to have inspired the Rationalist Society to accept agnostics. I'd forgotten they existed - how many atheist splinter groups are there? This may or may not be entirely serious.

PS apologies if you're here looking for 'Sin and Misery', that's coming later in the week, published in error earlier this evening!!

2 comments:

  1. Right, that's it, us Atheists demand our own reformation immediately! Now where's that thesis and those nails...

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't finish "The God Delusion" because I ended up feeling like I was trapped in a corner by the pub bore, constantly telling me anecdotes about clever things he'd said - or clever things he thought up later. But this latest is more like somebody standing in Radcliffe Square shouting at the passers-by. I wasn't expecting anyone to make me feel sympathetic for the Roman Catholic Church at the minute, but Professor Dawkins has done it. Perhaps we should take English irony to the extreme and declare him an Anglican saint?

    ReplyDelete